In light of the recent earthquake in Haiti - this country with an already poor infrastructure needs all the help and support it can get.
Here's how YOU can help. The following are some easy and legitimate ways to contribute to relief work in Haiti if you're so inclined.
* Partners in Health (PIH) : is a another great organization that provides access to primary care and free health care and education for people who are unable to afford it. They also with communities to provide better access to sanitation, health care, food, water and shelter. To donate specifically to PIH's efforts in Haiti - click here.
* American Red Cross (ARC): The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies nearly half of the nation's blood; teaches lifesaving skills; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. To donate to disaster relief or specifically to Haiti - click here.
* Mercy Corps: Mercy Corps exists to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps is currently helping earthquake survivors in Haiti. To Donate to their efforts - click here.
* Text 'Haiti' to 90999 to donate $10 towards the Red Cross's relief effort in Haiti. This is backed by the US State Department. Read more here.
Also, one of my favorite bloggers to read - The Pioneer Woman - is giving away two $500 donations of relief support for Haiti to the charity of the winner's choice. To enter, just leave a comment on her blog. Additionally, she is donating 10 cents per comment to relief efforts - so spread the love!
* Come in for an appointment at Anatomy Acupuncture - For my part, I'll donate $10 per patient I see for the rest of the month towards relief in Haiti via one of the above organizations. So, come in and get acupuncture, and help Haiti too!